These Terms of Service are written in everyday language so everybody can understand it. Please read it.
Access to the Site
In order to use the Site or Services, you must first register to set up an account with us by completing the account registration form available on the Site. You only need to register once. Registration is subject to approval by us in all cases, and we reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to decline any application for registration, without giving a reason.
You must ensure that any registration details you provide are accurate. Please check carefully the details you have provided in the online form before finalizing your application to register. You can check for errors on screen before submitting the online form. You are responsible for ensuring that the details you provide us with are correct and complete, and for informing us of any changes to the information you have provided. You can access and update the information you have provided us with, including your account settings, in the relevant area of the Site.
If your application to register to use the Site and Services is accepted, you will be assigned the username (email) and password you submitted with your application (together referred to as your "Credentials"). You must keep your Credentials confidential and must not reveal them to anyone.
You are responsible for all activities performed under your Credentials. You must notify us immediately if you know of, or suspect, that anyone has obtained access to your Credentials, or if you otherwise become aware of any unauthorized use of your Credentials or other security breach.
Unless we have previously been notified by you that the confidentiality of your Credentials has been compromised, we are entitled to treat any use of the Site under your Credentials as being by you.
We may disable access via your Credentials at any time if, in our opinion, this is reasonably necessary to preserve the security and proper operation of the Megabox.me Site or Services, if you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms or if any details you provide for the purposes of registering prove to be false.
It is your responsibility to ensure your computer system meets all the necessary technical specifications to enable you to access and use the Megabox.me Site and Services and is compatible with the Site. If you access the Service using a wireless data plan on your mobile device, you may incur increased charges from your wireless carrier. You are responsible for paying all wireless charges and for all equipment and other third party services you use to access Service. You must have all necessary rights to grant the licenses to Megabox.me set forth in these Terms and you represent and warrant to Megabox.me that you have such rights and that Megabox.me’s exercise of the licenses will not violate applicable law or infringe or violate the rights of any party.
Access to the Site and Services is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw, modify or suspend the Megabox.me Site or Services without notice. We will not be liable to you or any third party for any unavailability, modification, suspension or withdrawal of the Megabox.me Site or Services, or any features, parts or content of the Site or Services at any time for any period.
Purpose and Description of Megabox.me Services
Megabox.me is a cloud storage with ability to download files using the BITTorrent protocol. Our servers act as a caching proxy and fetch files on your behalf. This means that the files downloaded on behalf of our users are not controlled by us.
This website was created to allow the download of freely available files or files you have the legal right to download.
No copyright data - or any other data from torrents - is stored on our servers in a user reachable form. Only users who have initiated the torrent download have access to the torrent's files.
In agreeing to these Terms, the User confirms that he/she understands how Torrents function, particularly that when downloading data from the Internet via Torrents, part of the downloaded data is simultaneously shared. Megabox.me is intended for downloading files which are freely available on the Internet which may be downloaded and shared by the User without the consent of any third party,
especially copyright holders or parties where the User has the consent of copyright holders. For files which can only be shared with the consent of a third party, this consent must be verified by the User him/herself. The User bears in mind and agrees that he/she is obliged to secure such consent and if the User does not have this consent, the rights of third parties may be violated, a situation for which the
User, not the Company, is liable. Megabox.me does not contain any Torrents, lists of Torrents, or recommendations of where to find Torrents. It only contains the ability to search for Torrents via applications provided by a third party. It is entirely up to the User to place a Torrent on Megabox.me with which it intends to download data to the Server or to use the Search Service to find one. By accepting these Terms, the User confirms and agrees when using Megabox.me and using the Services not to violate the rights of third parties, especially copyrights. If such violation of rights occurs, the Company is entitled to proceed as specified below in these Terms.
All of the following are specifically prohibited when using or accessing either the Megabox.me Site or its Services:
1. Downloading, Posting, uploading, emailing, or other transmittal of any Content to which you do not possess the lawful right of copying, transmitting, and/or displaying (inclusive of Content that violates confidential or pecuniary obligations that you may have respecting such Content); any Content which is lacking the consent or permission of any person who may be identified in said Content, and to the extent that any person is implicated by the Content, to utilize said person's name, voice, image, similar likeness, or autograph; or any Content that is an infringement and/or violation of privacy or intellectual property rights of a third party (inclusive, without limitation, of trademark, trade secret, patent, or rights of intellectual property, moral, copy, or publicity);
2. Removing, or altering in any way, of a copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice that may appear on any Content exclusive of personal User Content;
3. Utilizing metatags, metadata, or other unseen text that bears the Megabox.me name, trademark, URL, or product name without explicit written permission from Megabox.me;
4. Posting, uploading, emailing, or other transmittal of advertising that is neither solicited nor authorized, junk email, spam, chain letters, pyramid or Ponzi schemes, or any other solicitation form that is not explicitly permitted by Megabox.me;
5. Downloading, Posting, uploading, emailing, or other transmittal of Content that is, or could reasonably be construed to be, illegal, harmful, hateful (inclusive of objects or symbols of hate and hate speech), libelous, slanderous, threatening or harassing, misleading, abusive, encouraging illegal activity, defamatory, vulgar, violent, or obscene, or that invades third party privacy, contains nudity or pornographic material (inclusive of child pornography or erotica), or is in any way objectionable in the discretion of Megabox.me;
6. Downloading, Posting, uploading, emailing, or other transmittal of Content that includes software viruses or any other computer program, file, or code that is designed to interfere with, damage, or inhibit the programmed function of any computer software; or hamper the user, host, or network access, inclusive without limitation of spam, overload, mail-bomb, flooding, or virus transmittal;
7. Downloading, Posting, uploading, emailing, or other transmittal of Content that is inclusive of hidden or surreptitious code, image, audio, or video that is extraneous to the actual, aesthetic purpose of the Content;
8. Attempting to determine by probe, scan, test or any other means
Megabox.me‘s system or network weakness, if any, or to circumvent any security or authentication systems;
9. Inserting into a posting any TCP/IP packet header or portion of header information, or otherwise utilize the Site or its Services to transmit changed, misleading, or fraudulent source-identifying data;
10. Circumventing or attempting to circumvent by impairing, deactivating, unscrambling, avoiding, bypassing, or removing protective measures employed by the Site or Services.
11. Accumulating, saving, or otherwise retaining other User information without first obtaining their specific permission;
12. Committing any fraud, whether by impersonation, fact distortion, exaggeration, fallacious affiliation, masquerading, or any other form of deception;
13. Partially or wholly resell the Site's Services
14. Break any applicable law, command, decree, regulation, warrant, ordinance, mandate, or requirement;
15. Utilize the Site or Services in any way that is inconsistent with the Terms of this Agreement.
16. Upload, download, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
17. Upload, downloaed, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
Megabox.me may provide users with free and paid services. Payments can be made on a one-time basis or subscription depending on tariffs, selected by the user. The price for the Storage Service is listed in the Price List for Space and is given in GB (gigabytes) per time period and can be changed without any additional information providing. During the time period for which the Space is provided, the User can always upload as much data as there remaining up to the total capacity of the Space.
You may cancel your membership at anytime, and cancellations will be effective immediately. You will lose any remaining downloads or access. We do not provide refunds or credits for any partial membership period.
Users acknowledge that Megabox.me control over User Content that is posted and made ready for use by the Site and Services is limited. Users acknowledge that use of the Site and Services may expose you to the aforementioned Content. You understand that Megabox.me is not liable for Content, to include without limitation Content subject matter, or errors and omissions, and loss or damage of any type that may be incurred because of Users action. Megabox.me WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, BE LIABLE TO USERS OR A THIRD PARTY FOR DAMAGES, WHETHER INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL (TO INCLUDE WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST DATA, SERVICE THAT MAY BE INTERRUPTED, FAILURE OF A COMPUTER, OR MONETARY LOSS) WHICH MAY ARISE FROM SITE OR SERVICE USE OR INABILITY TO USE, WHETHER TORT (TO INCLUDE NEGLIGENCE), CONTRACT, WARRANTY, PRODUCT OR STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER THEORY, EVEN IF Megabox.me HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN NOTIFIED OF THE POTENTIAL OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Member account, password and security
You will receive a username and password designation upon completing the Megabox.me Services registration process. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your password or account. You agree to immediately notify Megabox.me of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security, and ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. It is strictly forbidden to share your account (including your username and password) with anybody else. Megabox.me cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this Paragraph.
Changes to TOS
These TOS may change at anytime without notice please check back regularly for changes.
Please report any violations of the TOS to us at firstname.lastname@example.org